What Happens on the Day of Surgery?
Cataract Surgery Day
At the Eye Care Center of Northern Colorado, we do everything possible to make your cataract surgery day as comfortable and stress-free as possible.
Here is what you can expect on the day of your surgery:
1. Arrive at our the surgery center 1 hour prior to your scheduled surgery time.
2. Fill out any necessary paperwork and make any final payments with our staff.
3. Enter our pre-op suite, where you can begin to relax and prepare for the short procedure.
4. Move into our surgical suite where the surgeon, anesthesiologist and nurses will perform your surgery on one eye. The actual procedure will only take 10-15 minutes.
5. Relax in the surgical suite after your procedure for as long as you wish.
6. Have a friend or family member drive you home, so you can rest or nap for several hours while wearing a protective eye shield.
Some patients will begin to have clear vision within hours after surgery; others may take a week or two for the full effects. If you have cataracts in both eyes, you will need to return to our office for your second cataract procedure after your first eye has fully healed (about 2 weeks later).
Your first post-op appointment will typically be scheduled the day after your procedure. Your doctor will want to ensure that the surgery was successful and that your eyes are beginning to heal. Be sure to follow your doctor’s post-op instructions to expedite your healing process and minimize complications.
To schedule your cataract consultation, contact us today.